Serves: 4-6 servings
Spanish rice is so flavorful already but toss it with your favorite taco fillings and you’ve got one easy and awesome dinner!
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless and skinless chopped into 1 inch size pieces
- 1 cup Basmati White Rice (you can use any kind of rice you prefer, note: my directions use Basmati Rice and I cooked it via the instructions on the package. This equals 3 cups cooked rice).
- 1½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 16oz jar medium Salsa (about 1½ cups) You can use a more mild Salsa or more spicy, depending on what you prefer.
- 1 cup frozen Corn
- 1 15oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1¼ cups Mexican Chedder Cheese
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Avocado pitted, skin removed and diced
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Add any other topping you prefer, sour cream, more salsa, etc.
- Prepare Rice.
- In medium sauce pan add 1 cup Basmati Rice and 1½ cups Chicken Broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low, cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- While the Rice is cooking, prepare chicken.
- In large frying pan over med-high heat add 2 Tbs coconut oil and chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In large bowl add Rice, Chicken, Salsa, Corn, Black Beans, Cilantro, Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Mix well.
- Mix in 1 cup cheese.
- Add to lightly grease 2 quart casserole pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Avocado, Tomato, and squirt the Lime Juice over the top if desired.
WW SP = 11