Even adults will love this mildly seasoned and sweet kids’ favorite chili recipe. All you need is one pot, 30 minutes, and only a few simple ingredients. This is so good topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and some crushed Fritos corn chips. It’s kid friendly and kid approved by even the pickiest eaters.
The Best Classic Chili – This traditional chili recipe is just like mom used to make with ground beef, beans, and a simple homemade blend of chili seasonings.
This classic chili is perfect for a weeknight meal because it can be made in minutes. The only thing to chop is an onion.
By now, you probably know I like to keep it simple with my recipes. Same goes for my homemade chili. Chili in itself is not a complicated dish to physically make, but it is complex when it comes to flavors.
Just the thought of a big bowl of spicy, hearty homemade chili warms me up, and makes me dream of those cold winter nights when I’d curl up in front of the TV with a bowl of piping hot chili and some freshly baked cornbread.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GOOD HOMEMADE CHILI?
- Heat olive in a large soup pot.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Ground lean chicken or ground lean turkey – l lb (must be 99% free to be zero points!)
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1o oz. cans Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1/2 T oregano
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lime, quartered
If you are using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot:
1. Place the ground lean meat in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Use the Sauté or Brown function on your device to cook the meat.
2. Pour all of the other ingredients into the pressure cooker except the lime. Quarter your lime and squeeze the juice into the pot. Throw the rind away.
3. Select the Beans/Chili button or Meat/Stew button. Start your machine. Make sure the pressure valve is closed. It will cook for 20 – 35 minutes depending on the machine you use (mine is 20!).
4. Release the pressure from your cooker and serve.
If you are using a slow cooker:
1. Cut up the onion.
2. Spray a cooking pan with fat free cooking spray, and sauté the onion for a few minutes.
3. Add the lean ground meat to the pan and cook until the meat is brown, about 5 – 7 minutes.
4. Pour the meat (with the juices) and the onions into the slow cooker.
5. Pour all of the other ingredients into the slow cooker except the lime. Quarter your lime and squeeze the juice into the pot. Throw the rind away.
6. Cook your chili on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
7. Serve this Weight Watchers chili recipe right away!
Add garnishments, which may add to the points value. Depending on the day, I might add chives (0 points), reduced fat cheese (4 – 5 points for a quarter cup), or light sour cream (1 point per tablespoon). This Weight Watchers chili recipe is easy and SO DELICIOUS!
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!